Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Big or Small

I know what you're thinking, size matters, well it sure does! With so many mega cruise ships coming out now, it's interested to read on some of the forums, the people who have been cruising for years, who feel they are getting left out.

One of the best ships I worked on was a small 28,000 tons ship. A small ship yes, compared to 110,000 average size now. But the small ships had such character and looked, well, like a real ship. Now with the new Oasis of the Seas, the 220,000 tons mega city, with 5,400 passengers onboard, it easy to see why the people who love small intimate ships are feeling lost in the crowd!

I know the Oasis is stirring up a lot of talk around the industry and is booking up quite fast for the first few sailings. But I personally feel, well, I'll leave the big city to you guys and take the smaller intimate ships for my fun and friendly cruises thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment